Devopsdays09 - Two Weeks Later
I’ll be honest, for the past few years, when I went to some of the Agile conferences, it felt like preaching in the dessert. I was kinda giving up, maybe the idea was too crazy: developers and ops working together.
But now, oh boy, the fire is really spreading:
- there are discussions starting both on the puppet and agile administration mailinglists.
- on the lrug conference some devopsdays attendees made a fantastic extension to it.
- and in their tweets, I see people having a look at how agile can help them
- we need to build up more detailed descriptions of our ideas
- more examples so that enterprises can also pick up
- try to translate all this in windows oriented environments
- actively try to involve more developers into this line of thinking
The conference really inspired me to continue to promote these ideas and some actions are bound happen:
- there is a devopsdays USA coming up (probably around end of april 2010)
- devops.info is coming , a site where we gather all related material
- put up a wiki on this. We already got a Confluence community license with the support of Atlassian!
- start on a book on it (anyone want to help?)
- startup a kind of alliance, to support new initiatives
And remember it’s all about putting the fun back into IT!